This news page will keep the expats living in Isaan up to date with the news in Thailand and news around the world.
- Chinese tour operator arrested with fake Thai ID
Police arrested a Chinese woman accused of illegally holding the Thai ID card of an ethnic Lahu woman and operating tour services in Bangkok. They sai [...]
- 'Butcher of Bosnia' found guilty of genocide
THE HAGUE: Former Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic was found guilty of genocide by a UN war crimes tribunal on Wednesday and sentenced to [...]
- Culprit-for-hire in teacher's hit-run case surrenders
NAKHON PHANOM: Suspect Sab Wapee surrendered and confessed to accepting an offer of 400,000 baht to say he was the driver in a fatal hit-and-run accid [...]
- Dramatic video shows escape, shooting of N.Korean soldier
SEOUL: It's 3.11pm on a cold, grey day on the North Korean side of the most heavily armed border in the world, and a lone soldier is racing towar [...]
- Physician accused of fondling women's breasts during checkup
NAKHON RATCHASIMA: A hospital doctor has been summonsed to hear molestation charges after a group of women employees accused him of fondling their bre [...]
- Omnichannel wave propels aCommerce
Thailand's online retail business is expected to grow from US$2.9 billion (95 billion baht) in 2016 to $11.1 billion in 2025, while brands and e- [...]
- SEC rejigs paid-up capital rule
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) yesterday announced an amended criteria for paid-up capital required for securities and derivative busine [...]
- 2018 Aston Martin Vantage revealed in all-new form
Entry-level sports car finally breaks cover after its direct predecessor had to soldier on for 12 years.
- Obec abandons half-completed school project
The Office of the Basic Education Commission (Obec) has decided to scrap its ICU schools project, launched with the aim of helping 5,032 small schools [...]
- Rush hour 'brings out male sex pests'
Nearly half of all female passengers say they have been sexually harassed on public transportation, mostly on buses, according to a survey conducted b [...]