This news page will keep the expats living in Isaan up to date with the news in Thailand and news around the world.
- Laos asks for longer hours at checkpoints
Travel operators in Laos have urged the Thai government to extend the closing time at border checkpoints to promote tourism in both countries.
- Plan to preserve old cities rejuvenated
A master plan for the conservation and development of 27 old cities is expected to be complete within three years, after a decade-long delay.
- InTouch chief to step down
Chief executive of InTouch Holdings Plc Philip Chen Chong Tan will step down at the end of next month for health reasons.
- B358bn rail projects expected to go ahead
Construction of four electric rail routes in the capital at a cost of 358 billion baht will kick off this year, said Peraphon Thawornsupacharoen, depu [...]
- Governor apologises for city flood chaos: 'I tried my best'
Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang offered a public apology to Bangkok residents Thursday after they endured one of the worst days of flooding in years.
- Fingerprinting for SIMs made mandatory
All mobile users must participate in the online fingerprint ID system for new prepaid and postpaid mobile SIM card registration, or they will not be a [...]
- Guidelines aim to avert Korea King ad redux
The TV Home Shopping Association Thailand has set business guidelines for the industry to prevent repeats of the Korea King case, which involved exagg [...]
- Army chief hints 'Kotee' behind blast
New information has come to light suggesting Monday's bombing at Phramongkutklao Hospital was carried out by the network of red-shirt hardliner W [...]
- Vespiario kicks premium sales into gear
Vespiario Thailand, the authorised importer and distributor of Italian scooters and big bikes for Piaggio Group, is confident of achieving its sales t [...]
- King Group sets sights on neighbours' middle classes
King Food Group Co, owned by the Mahagitsiri family, plans to penetrate the food market in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLMV) to cash in on ri [...]